09 March 2010

Super Easy Roast and Walnut Stuffed Zucchini

Making a roast in a slow cooker is pretty fail-safe. The other day I made both a bison roast and an beef roast. In the cooker I added the roasts (still frozen...I love this about slow cooking!) 1/2 jar of artichoke bruschetta sauce, 1 diced green pepper and 6 cups of water. 10 hours later... delicious!!!

I served my roasts with walnut stuffed zucchini. I know it sounds a little weird, but I promise it is very good!

2 zucchini cut in half length wise
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c almond flour
1/2 beaten egg
3 dried apricots, finely chopped
1/4 onion, diced
1 tsp minced garlic
dash of poultry seasoning
pinch of salt

1. Using a spoon, scoop out the seeded part of the zucchini.
2. In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients, including the zucchini innards.
3. Fill each zucchini boat with filling.
4. Bake in a 350 oven for 45-60 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment