26 January 2010

Applesauce!

I do have some "real" crock pot recipes, but I want to do a few test runs before I post those since it has been awhile. I've got some roasts from our co-op sitting in the freezer begging to be made. In the mean time, here's one that I make often...

10- 12 organic apples
2-4 cups water

Peel and core apples. Cut into large chunks and place in crock pot with water. Cook over low heat of high heat until you can stir the apples and they fall apart. For a smoother applesauce, I bend my in a blender for a few seconds.

Just for variety, I tend to use different apples every time. Rome apples make a really tasty sauce as they are a good mix of sweet and tangy. Or throw in a few different types and see what you get.

1 comment:

  1. I will use this recipe to christen my new crock pot! Thanks April.

    ReplyDelete