27 February 2010

Banana Bread 1

I made this in preparation for Rory coming home from some Army training. He loved it and I had some friends taste test it and they, too, gave it the go ahead. The texture is not quite right but it is pretty darn close.

11 eggs
3/4 c coconut milk
2-3 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
1.5 tbsp vanilla
3/4 tsp salt
1&1/3 c coconut flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
6 ripe bananas, mashed

Preheat oven to 325. Grease 2 bread pans with grapeseed oil and dust with almond flour. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, agave, and vanilla. Whisk well. Add in salt, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir until all lumps are gone. Fold in bananas. Pour into prepared pans and bake for ~55min.

As with all banana bread, these improved in taste and texture the following day. I think this would be great with some walnuts added to the batter. I may try that the next time I make it.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment