13 December 2009

Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Fennel Sauce

Beef Tenderloin

1 TBSP olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 cup cream
1/4 c shredded romano cheese
salt to taste

Season beef as desired (I used a little seasoned salt) and roast for 1hr at 325. (varies depending on size of tenderloin).

In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and fennel and saute until garlic begins to cook. Add cream and as soon as it starts to simmer, turn heat down to low. Allow to simmer for 15min to allow flavors to blend. Stir in cheese and season with salt.

To serve, ladel a generous spoonful of sauce over a serving of beef.


Now that the weather has turned cold I was in the mood for something that tasted like 'winter' food. After peering through my cupboards I decided that I had to make something with fennel seeds. The unique flavor can stand by itself or it can meld beautifully with a few other flavors. I served this with a side of roasted delicata squash and my winter meal was complete.

1 comment:

  1. April,

    You're making my mouth water already! Keep posting. That way I don't have to plan what to make for dinner the next week. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete