06 September 2011

No-atmeal

I enjoy No Oat Oatmeal from MDA, but I'm constantly switching things up based on what I have in my kitchen (you know me... I do that ALL the time!). Here's my little version this morning...

1 handful of pecans
1 handful walnuts
2 tbsp ground flax
generous dash of cinnamon
small dash of nutmeg
pinch of salt
3 eggs
1/3 c (ish... I eyeballed it) coconut milk (if you like yours a little runnier add a couple of tbsp water)
1/4 of an apple
1/2 peach (no need to peel)

1. In blender or food processor, grind nuts, flax, and spices until you get a nice pulp.
2. Add in remainder of ingredients and blend until desired texture. (I like mine fairly smooth with a few nice chunks of nuts).
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until desired thickness is reached.

Since I'm on a 30 day strict paleo challenge, I ate mine with some diced bananas on top on some melted coconut oil. Yum! For Aubrey, I did the same but drizzled honey on the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment