1 small onion
1/2 red pepper
1 package fresh spinach
salt and pepper
(feta cheese if you want a small cheat)
1. Caramelize your onions. (TAKE YOUR TIME... the results are worth it!) Slice onion thinly into rings and then cook over medium-low heat with a generous amount of oil. Resist the urge to stir frequently. The onions should take on a beautiful brownish-golden hue.
2. While onions are cooking whisk eggs (with cheese if desired) and salt and pepper.
3. Remove onions from pan and add in diced pepper. Saute pepper for a few minutes then add spinach. Allow spinach to wilt, but take off the heat before the spinach looses its brilliant green color.
4. Turn heat to low.
5. Add onions back to pan and stir. Then pour eggs into the pan.
6. Cover and let cook until mostly set. This can take up to 20 or more minutes.
7. Here's the tricky part. Slide eggs onto a plate and then flip over back into the pan to allow the rest of the egg to cook. Your frittata should look lovely and full of colors.
(You can also bake this or if you have the right kind of pan, broil it for a few minutes instead of trying to flip it over.)