Rory and I watched Julie and Julia over the last few days and I couldn't help but be inspired by Julia Child and her love of french cooking, and more specifically, butter and cream. Mmmmm... While this is not french, it certainly doesn't disappoint.
20 large shrimp, peeled and cooked
2 cups light cream
3/4 c sliced mushrooms
3 tbsp minced garlic
8 oz shredded parmesan cheese
4 large zucchini
1. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, saute mushrooms in a some butter. Don't crowd the pan... let the mushrooms get a little brown.
2. Remove mushrooms from pan. Turn heat to low. Add garlic and 1 tbsp butter. Let garlic cook for 1-2 minutes.
3. Pour in cream. Allow to warm.
4. In three batches, add the cheese to the cream. Stir frequently.
5. Meanwhile, in a second skillet, saute the zucchini noodles**.
6. Once cheese has melted into cream, add shrimp and mushrooms.
7. Toss noodles into sauce and serve.
** Zucchini noodles are made by peeling a zucchini with a julienne peeler until you can't peel it anymore (ie-you get to the seeded part). I find it best to peel the green part and cook that first since it takes longer for it get soft.