1 head cauliflower
1 can diced tomatoes (I'm dying to try this with fresh tomatoes, but I forget to buy them at the store)
1-2 tbsp diced/minced garlic
1/8-1/4 cup capers
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1. Break cauliflower into bite sized florets.
2. In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil and cook cauliflower. Be sure to allow cauliflower to brown slightly, it adds such a nice flavor. Cauliflower is ready for next step when it is softened, but still has a tiny crunch to it (think of how al dente pasta is supposed to be...not cooked through yet).
3. Add tomatoes (do not drain), garlic, capers and red pepper flakes.
4. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Add vinegar. Season with salt and pepper if desired.