1 cup walnuts
1 cup almonds
Generous half cup of dried figs
1/2 c each sunflower seeds, shredded coconut
1/4 c almond oil
1/4 c honey
dash of cinnamon
1. In a food processor grind the figs until a paste forms (its OK to have some chunks still in it). Spoon into a large bowl and set aside.
2. Grind walnuts and almonds in a food processor until you have a course mixture. I grind mine until there are still a few whole nuts floating around. This makes for a variety of textures in the granola. Pour into bowl with figs.
3. Add sunflower seeds, coconut, oil, honey and cinnamon. With your hands work the mixture until the figs are well mixed with the nuts.
4. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, stirring once.
5. Turn oven off and let sit inside for another 15-20 minutes, turning once in between.
6. Cool for 45 minutes to allow honey to harden and the granola to crisp up.
I got the thumbs up for this recipe from our friends at Crossfit Fort Bragg. Thanks, guys!