04 January 2011

Curry Inspired Sauce

It is a well known fact that Rory very much dislikes curry. While peering into my cupboard I was inspired to make something with coconut milk that was laced with middle eastern flavors, but with NO curry! I thoroughly enjoyed it and... so did Rory! Hooray!

1 can coconut milk
1 tsp coriander
1/2 tsp each cumin, whole oregano, and paprika
1/4 tsp ginger
1-2 minced garlic cloves
dash of cayenne pepper
salt to taste
juice from 1/2 lemon

Mix all ingredients, except the lemon juice, together in a pot and bring to a simmer. Turn heat to low and allow flavors to meld. Just before serving mix in lemon juice.


I served this poured over roasted brussel sprouts and a baked whole chicken. I could see it easily poured over any roasted veggies or with some type of fish. This was a nice change of pace from the flavors I usually use in my cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment