26 October 2010

Roasted tomatoes

Well, things in the Hanlin household have been super busy as of late. Prepping for baby #2, Rory's Army commitments, family visiting, etc. However, my kitchen never stops being busy! This one came from my mom... I can guarantee your house will smell like a gourmet kitchen when making these!

Tomatoes (Best if you can get fresh from the garden)
olive oil
garlic
thyme
salt
balsamic vinegar

1. Slice tomatoes into thick wedges/slices (or in half if on the small side).
2. Seed tomatoes.
3. Place tomatoes on cookie sheet or roasting pan.
4. Drizzle liberally with oil.
5. Sprinkle spices/seasonings on tomatoes. (Sorry there is no definitive quantity to give, it sort of just goes by taste preferences.)
6. Drizzle liberally with vinegar.
7. Bake at 325-350 for 45-120 minutes. Tomatoes should be at least half their original size.

I've made these a few times and the cooking time really depends on the size of the tomato pieces. The first time I had very small tomatoes that I cut in half. They were done in about 50 minutes. The second time I had large tomato halves and cooked for 2 hours (probably could have used another 15 minutes or so).

Rory, who does not like particularly care for tomatoes (but loves ketchup and marinara sauce), absolutely loved these.

No comments:

Post a Comment