22 July 2010

Coconut Pancakes


I made these for my Mom while she was visiting for my daughter's first birthday and she approved! (So did Rory and ROBO!) This is my version of one I found awhile back on MDA.

Coconut Pancakes
1 can coconut milk
1/2 c almond flour
1/3 c shredded coconut
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of sea salt (optional)
1 tbsp vanilla
5 eggs
Coconut oil

Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl. Add a little coconut oil to a skillet and cook over medium heat.


I cook mine one large pancake at a time (like a crepe). Pour enough batter (~1/2 c) into the skillet to cover the bottom with a thin layer of the batter. Let cook for 3-5 minutes then carefully flip and cook the other side. The pancakes should be set before flipping and are done when they are a nice golden color.

These are very tasty but do require a bit of time in the morning if you make the whole batch. I suggest having 2 skillets going at the same time.



No comments:

Post a Comment